There are dozens of eCommerce platforms are out there. You need a good reason to choose PrestaShop over them. So what features make the platform more desirable? This review has the answer.
PrestaShop eCommerce platform
It is an open-source eCommerce platform. It was developed in 2007 in France and after the launch suddenly it became popular among the web developers. Since it is an open-source anyone can have its source code and alter it to the way they wanted. It is also a free, flexible, credible and user-friendly platform. There are two types of PrestaShop are available.
This version has more advanced options. You should download this and install it on your hosting. Then connect it to the domain name and create your eCommerce store. This is also allowing you to choose your hosting which is a must thing when you want your website’s server at your or your customer’s place.
- PrestaShop Cloud
In this, you will get the hosting and PrestaShop engine which is preinstalled. It has some limitations like it allows you to install only official plugins and extensions and you won’t get the source code or have access to the database.
Visit the PrestaShop forums for more in-depth details of this two types.
Ease of Use
It is very easy to use. That doesn’t mean it has only some basic features. There are many features and tools in this. The developers are managed to add all the necessary eCommerce features to it. Also, the admin panel can be accessed from even a mobile phone.
- Responsive design: The PrestaShop’s default template can adapt mobile device layout.
- Supported languages: It supports languages more than 75 and they are useful for both front end and admin panel.
- Multi-store: It lets you connect with multiple stores with different domain names and control them with a single admin panel.
- Enhanced analytics: It has advanced analytics with real-time visitor tracking, conversion rates and much more.
- Marketing tools: Tools like newsletter management, social media integration are available.
- SEO functionality: provides customization options for meta titles and meta descriptions and easily generate SEO-friendly URLs.
- Better store management: simple but comprehensive store management options like products, inventory, shipping, payment, customers, etc.
Its low requirements are one of its major advantages. It does not require VPS or dedicated hosting, a shared hosting plan is enough. You should check the system requirements of PrestaShop before finalizing the hosting provider. There is no need to check the system requirements if you are using the Cloud version. If you are not so familiar with these technical aspects you can ask help for an ecommerce development solutions agency.
Community and Support
You will be needing proper guidance for the settings or changes on the website sometimes. All the necessary documentation can be found on their website and also you will get large community support. Here you can find all of its versions and its tutorials. If you didn’t get what you are looking for then search it or ask them on the forum. Another way is you can ask for help from official PrestaShop support, but it’s paid.
Multiple Plugins and Themes
This platform has a large user base so it has a large number of themes in the store. You can make your store look the way you want.
If the store is missing some features, you can check the large collection of plugins. There are free and paid plugins are available.
Final Thoughts on PrestaShop
You already saw the reasons for its popularity. It’s coming with cloud or self-hosted types. So an established PrestaShop developer can build the perfect website for your eCommerce business. The various plugins will allow you to extend the online store’s features and skins will help you to change the looks.